skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Mom
Time for a little update. I have been meaning to update for the past week or so, and things have just been really busy. Karsten is finishing up her summer school, starting
swim lessons, and my Dad and I have had a lot of running around to do these past couple of months. When I started this blog a month or so ago, I did it with the intention of being able to look back one day and be able to have a record of what was going on in our lives. That being said, these past few months have been some of the hardest of my entire life. Some of the events I would like to forget...though I know that I never will. I told myself when I started this blog that I would just keep it light and mainly focus on Karsten, and while I will probably primarily still stick to that, I also feel the need to note some of the other stuff that has been going on. So...as most of you know, I lost my Mother on May 10th of this year. We are coming up on 3 months without her, and it still hurts just as bad as it did that day. She was my best friend, my daily confidant, one of my greatest sources of laughter....just wonderful. She was only 59 years old, and so vibrant. She was always so happy and full of energy, and through that, she made us all happy. I miss her so very much....words just cannot describe it. Not only was she a wonderful Mom, but a wonderful "Grammy". The best you can get. Karsten loves her so much. She asks daily when she will be an angel so she can fly with her. She has such an innocence about her, and I wish I could better answer her questions. She gets so confused, and I can't blame her...I think we are all still a bit confused. I think of her a million times a day, as I know that I will the rest of my life. I haven't brought all of this up in the past blogs, because, well...to be honest it just hurts too much. But, I want this blog to really reflect what is going on in our lives and in my head and if I didn't mention it, then it just wouldn't be accurate. I love you Mom.
P.S. The tree above was planted in honor of my Mom, a couple of miles from where she was born.


2 comments:
I am sorry that you're down. I haven't been writing in my blog so I haven't gotten on to look at yours. I hate that you are so sad. I hope time will heal all of that soon.
As I read this my heart breaks and tears roll down my face. I am so upset that this has happened to you and your family. I know there are no words but know that I am ALWAYS here for you. Even if you just need someone to listen. You are one of the strongest people I know. Love you
Post a Comment