Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Swimming

Karsten started swim lessons yesterday. She LOVES the people, and I knew she would love the lessons. So yesterday was day 1 and it went GREAT! The teacher says she is a natural and was so brave that she will be easy to train. She jumped in to the instructor while holding her hands, and swam several laps of the pool while just holding onto the instructors fingers. She would put her face in the water and blow bubbles like she told her to. I couldn't have been more proud, and Karsten was very excited to tell Steven when he got home that the teacher said she was "Amazing!" Today was day 2 and she still did very well. She swam several laps again, but this time the teacher let go a couple of times and let her go under. She choked on water and told the teacher that she was done. "I'm done, because sinking is not very fun!" were her exact words. She did however regroup somewhat, but I think she was relieved when her lesson was up. Her buddy Anthony had shown up for his lesson, and she was more than willing to give the pool to him. Later in the day she got to go play with him and his sister at their house. She has a BLAST! When I came to pick her up she started yelling that she didn't want to leave yet, and told me that she needed a big sister. After that we came home and relaxed, it had been a long day. We skipped her nap, and she was snoring in her bed at 7:15. :-)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I loved when my girls learned to swim but I was nervous too. They didn't need me holding on to them and I didn't like that. I got over it and I wouldn't want it any other way. Swimming is a MUST for children.

About Me

Las Vegas, NV, United States
Hey guys! Wanted to start this blog to help keep family, friends, and myself better updated on the things going on in our lives. Enjoy!